For some people it comes very natural to manage things. But for people who are not very good at management, the below simple list can come in handy to manage any new challenge or responsibility to get the ball rolling.
The below are a simple list of activities in sequence that are to be followed to manage any challenge in any situation.
1. Gather and analyze the facts of the current project situation.
2. Set project objectives (desired results)
3. Develop possible alternative courses of action
4. Identify the negative consequences of each course of action
5. Decide on a basic course of action
6. Develop strategies (priorities, sequence, timing of major steps)
7. Determine when and how overall progress will be measured
8. Identify and analyze the various job tasks necessary to implement the project
9. Define scope of relationships, responsibilities, and authority of new positions
10.Establish qualifications for new positions
11. Determine the allocation of resources
12. Find qualified people to fill positions
13. Train and develop personnel for new responsibilities/authority.
14. Develop individual performance objectives which are mutually agreeable to the individual and his/her manager
15. Assign responsibility/accountability/authority.
16. Co-ordinate day to day activities
17. Measure progress toward, and /or deviation from the project’s goals.
18. Measure individual performance objectives which are mutually agreeable to the individual and his/her manager.
19. Take corrective action on the project.
20. Deliver appropriate consequences for individual performance.