What percentage of the households does your product or category reach?
How many households use only the particular brand and no other for a category?
Users contributing to 50% of the consumption of the brand/category
Incidence of Purchase:
Number of households who have bought atleast once in a given time-period
Share of Requirement:
A household may use multiple brands for a category. For example, in the category Milk Foods, a household may use both Horlicks and Complan. So, share of requirement (SOR) for a brand is how much percentage of the branded product is being used.
SOR in a Solus Buyer is 100%
A household panel also provides the below:
- Number of brands bought in a household in the category
- Profile of Buyers, trialists, etc. and their buying behavour across categories
- New Trial/Repeat Users and how many consumers are adopting your brand from communications
- Heavy, Medium, Light users: Segmenting heavy, medium and light users based on their product usage.
- Frequency of Purchase (FoP): Number of trips, and times a product is purchased.
- Understanding of impact of communication by mapping the media behaviour and their consumer behaviour.
Household panels across the world have been very effective as a continous source of key trends and insights for the marketeers.